Old book chicken recipe with a little improvisation. Quite simple and easy to prepare. Being a weekend thougt of preparing a chicken dish which is slightly different from regular murgir jhol which is definitely favorite for all bengalis living in the planet.
This recipe is also based out of old bengali recipe of having chicken cooked in kasundi based gravy. Similar recipes are also found in European cusine however that may taste little less tangy as ours is cooked in Kasundi which itself has a strong flavour.
Check out this video and you may want to try this out for a Sunday lunch !
For quick reference , here is the list of ingredients needed for this awesome recipe:
Ingredients for the Curry
1) Chicken – 500 Gms
2) Onion – 1 and half Medium
3) Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
4) Salt – As per taste
5) Chicken Masala – 1 table spoon
6) Red Chilly Powder – 1 Teaspoon
7) Mustard Sauce or Kasundi – 2 Tablespoon
8) Bay Leaves – 2
Ingredients for the Marination
1) Curd – 100 Gms
2) Salt – As per taste
3) Turmeric Powder – 1 Teaspoon
4) Ginger Onion Green Chilly paste – 1 Tablespoon
Below are the list of our other recipes available on youtube:
1) Garbanzo en salsa de tomate con sabor India | Chickpeas recipe in tomato gravy with an Indian twist. - https://youtu.be/w0L2OG0pmd0
2) Home style Dal Tadka - https://youtu.be/ssAPCBUThLc
3) 3 In 1 Quick Egg Recipes. - https://youtu.be/ssAPCBUThLc
4) Murgh Bhuna Masala With Nigella seeds/Kalonji - https://youtu.be/ssAPCBUThLc Ayan Manna video.